Friday, April 22, 2011

Here comes Peter cotton tail....

Happy Bunny!

Not-so-Happy Bunny

I decided to do an easy and fun Easter snack since Adam and I will not be having a big basket full of Easter goodies this year.  As long as I have known Adam we have spent Easter with my family and always got our big baskets filled with candy and all kinds of fun things, whether it be here in Cleveland or there with them in Mobile.  This year, being that we were with them out of town last weekend for my family baby shower and this coming weekend they will be here at our house along with Adam's parents as well, we decided to stay put.  So yummy Peeps Pops will have to do for that sweet tooth! :) 

Need a quick and easy recipe for an Easter treat?  Try these!

What you need:

A box of bunny Peeps
Chocolate wafers (I used milk and white choc) 
Sucker sticks
Candy Pears
Your color choice of sugar sprinkles (I chose pastels)


What you get when you put it all together....


Fun and Delicious and did I mention O-so-cute!?!






This year since we will be spending Easter in Cleveland we won't be able to have our annual family Easter Egg dying contest.  We are very serious and things can get a little heated but at the end of the night there are always a lot of laughs and we somehow all go to bed thinking we really won (whether we did or not) and we somehow come up with a title for each egg. i.e. most creative, most interesting, most patriotic- Adam wins this one EVERY year. :) Makes me smile just to think about it!  We will try to carry on that tradition this year by having some friends over to compete with.  I will definitely keep you all updated on who wins this year! :)  Here is a picture from last year...

Easter is such a beautiful time.  The colors, the flowers, the eggs, yummy food, delicious candies, and amazing weather, but let's not forget the reason we celebrate.  The sin that he bore for us and the new life we have in him.  This Easter I have SO much to be thankful for.  What about you?

Happy Easter Everyone!!




2 comments:

  1. I want some bunny covered peeps! They look so delicious and you are always so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What can I say!!!!! You're amazing, even Chase is awestruck over your talents!!!!

    ReplyDelete